So Andrew and I have been telling everyone that we would update soon, but we hadn't had the chance...until now. So before we get to the pictures, we will fill everyone in on our week! Andrew was swamped with school work until Thursday, so he is just now basking in his glory as a Daddy. He made it through his first sleepless nights like a champ and is quite a pro at the diaper changing. He claims to also be a master baby whisperer...for anyone who did not already realize that he is the master of many things. We made it to Dr. B's office on Wednesday for Amelia's one week check up. Amelia christened the nurse after getting her temperature taken rectally...we had to laugh. Dr. B said she was perfect and doing very well. She weighed in at 7 whole pounds, so my feeding efforts are paying off! We will visit the doc again in June for shots and a 2 month check up.
Honey and I were brave enough to attempt a Target trip after the doctor and I learned that I will not be going many places alone as of right now. Amelia decided half-way through my shopping list that she no longer wanted to be in her carrier so I had to carry her the rest of the trip...which isn't that disastrous, however had I been by myself I would have been the crazy person with the crying baby. Minor in the grand scheme of things...but still trying to avoid that label for right now!
Honey's vacation came to an end on Thursday. We were very sad to see her go, as was she, but she will be back! She took very good care of us and got to snuggle with Amelia all day long! We are very thankful she was able to stay with us while we got adjusted.
Amelia's Great-Grandparents, Mawmaw Joyce and Pawpaw Carol were able to come visit with my dad and Donna Saturday. Mawmaw couldn't get enough of her little girl! And Pawpaw insisted that we let her sleep, so she could grow. Amelia made sure she wore the outfit her Pawpaw gave her in the hospital to support the Ragin Cajuns!
The rest of our time has been spent as the little family our sweet Amelia has made us. We are very lucky to have this time together to enjoy her. We sit and stare in awe at the little girl we have been waiting for...she is so much more than we hoped for and we just eat everything up! So enough of my gabbing...Andrew already thinks that I have written a novel- lucky for him I lost my momentum after the bundle of joy pooped on me for a THIRD time! SO now...here are pictures!
 |
| Happy baby! |
 |
| One of our favorite faces she makes...Andrew says this is her Zoolander face. It is also the face she made right before she let loose on the nurse. It makes us laugh! |
 |
| One of her favorite positions to sleep in. |
 |
| So peaceful! |
 |
| Honey |
 |
| Cheering for the Cajuns on Daddy's lap |
|
 |
| Out of order, but she had a "Don't you dare take another picture of me" look on her face! |
 |
| Proud Great Grandparents |
 |
| This just makes me smile |
Love the pictures and the update. I am so happy for the both of you...she is one lucky little girl :)
ReplyDelete